Even though, orthodontics is becoming increasingly popular, there are still many people who doubt that orthodontics is something for them. We’d like to dispel your and concerns by explaining these myths in detail.
Myth #1: My kid has to wait until their jaws and teeth are developed before visiting an orthodontist.
The truth is that AAO recommends visiting an orthodontist when a kid reaches the age of seven. By this age, the mouth and jaw of your kid are grown enough to predict how they’ll develop when their permanent teeth arrive and further monitor the process to avoid problems later. In case our orthodontists determine that jaw development of your kid is not on track or there are other orthodontic issues, the referral to orthodontic treatment is a “must”.
Myth #2: Orthodontics is only for children
The Truth: Even though, childhood is considered as the ideal time to make changes in the positioning of the teeth, more adults are opting for orthodontic treatment and coming away with excellent results. Because there are many causes for crooked teeth, treatment for crooked teeth can happen at any age.
Myth #3: It takes lots of time
Realistically, the duration of your orthodontic treatment depends on your unique situation and the speed in which your teeth move. However, we can confirm that the majority of patients have braces for around two years. While this timeframe may sound like a lot, it is a crucial amount in time for a smile that lasts a lifetime.
Myth #4: Orthodontist is the same as Dentist
Actually, the goal of both specialists is to help patients achieve lifelong oral health, but the ways of achieving this are completely different. Dentist serves patients to prevent and treat different types of oral hygiene and health issues such as: teeth cleaning, gum disease, tooth decay and other common oral health problems. While orthodontist will help you to achieve oral health by addressing the alignment of your teeth and fix crowded teeth, bite problems and even speech impediments.
Myth #5: It’s way too expensive
Orthodontic treatment isn’t cheap, however the results outweigh the expenses. Our patients has ever regretted investing the money to correct his own or his child’s smile. Instead of focusing on amount spent, think about what you or your child will gain by having a beautiful, healthy smile. It’s really worthy! At Orthodontic Experts, we strive to provide you with high quality treatment options that will fit your budget. We will help you figure out what payment plan will work best for you and your family.
We offer multiple ways to help you afford orthodontic treatment:
- Initial orthodontic consultations at no charge
- Most dental insurance plans that cover orthodontic treatment are accepted (Blue Cross Blue Shield, Delta Dental, Metlife, Humana, Cigna, Guardian, United Healthcare, All Kids)
- In-house, interest-free financing is available for qualified patients
- Discount is given for full payment before the start of orthodontic treatment
- Family discounts if more than one family patient is treated in our practice
- Major credit cards (Visa and MasterCard) are accepted
- Automated monthly credit card charges or bank account withdrawals can be set up
- No down payment, no interest, and up to 60 months for repayment are available through third party financing services such as CareCredit. For more information visit CareCredit.
- Limited number of orthodontic patients covered under All Kids (Public Aid / Medicaid/ Medical Card) Illinois state dental insurance program is accepted at our Arlington Heights and Harwood Heights orthodontic office each month. Click on the link for more information on orthodontic coverage by All Kids / Public Aid insurance plan.